Sunday, December 18, 2011

Elf on the Shelf

Now that I have a daughter of my own, I'd like to start some family traditions for her.  I have had some really great suggestions and decided to try a few.

On Friday, I bought the girls an Elf on the Shelf!  Target only had 1 style of Elf in stock, so we ended up with a dark haired, brown eyed Elf!  Zoe named him Jingle.  We read the book and I explained to Zoe that she had to be on her very best behavior.  Zoe couldn't wait to see where Jingle ended up and I couldn't wait to plan a whole scenario!  I felt like a kid again!

Saturday morning, Zoe woke up bright and early to find Jingle in her boot!  Jingle also left her a note, telling her that he was watching over her and she should be on her best behavior!  Saturday evening we logged onto the Elf on a Shelf website and played some games at the North Pole!  After she had gone to bed, I got to work, staging out Jingle's return home.  I placed him on the griddle, inside of a measuring cup, holding on to a whisk, next to the pancake batter, along with a note saying that pancakes were for breakfast!

Where will Jingle end up tomorrow morning?!

No comments:

Post a Comment